Sunday, September 5, 2010

From up Here

I was at Best Buy recently I was looking at a computer at a display counter.  There was a kid next to me.  In a way only children can get away with he tried to make an estimate of how tall I was. Very conspicuously he used his own height as a starting point.  From there he counted off feet as he gauged visually with his hand.

He concluded with a nod of the head that the giant he was measuring was ten feet tall.  He turned to his had and said, tugging on his shirt tails, “Dad, that guy is ten feet tall.”  His dad, absorbed in the particulars of the piece of technology he was examining, just grunted in agreement confirming his son’s discovery. 

I just had to smile as I left the store, being careful of course to stoop under the short door jams.  They’re only 7 feet after all.

No comments: